Today, I start a new job and adventure – UX developer with CQ Roll Call, a company that has been historically documenting the legislative history of the country for the past 72 years.
That said, there are a number of people that I would like to give thanks to the following:
- Will Packard for his employment support/advice, especially during the first month
- Kenneth Joholske reminding me why we’ve been friends for 30+ years (see you next week for opera 🙂 )
- post-Innate items from Casey Hawkes (thanks for the youGo print) and Brian Schlansky (thanks for the note, keeping in AoRD lecture journal)
- Owen Shifflet and Devorah Firestone with their support and letting me bent an ear once in a while
- Alison Farmer for her advice and support in making this job transition one of the smoothest I’ve had
- Mary Cadden for her support and shoulder to cry on at the right moments
- Darrin Maule in offering a job literally hours after losing mine (sorry we can’t work together at Fig Leaf but I really appreciate what you did and hope you, your family, and Fig Leaf success and happiness)
- Jeff Lloyd and Ambrose Ferber for reminding me that I was worth more than I thought
- Kevin Hewitt and Kelly Mullen for job references
- my fencing family at Olde Town and DCFC (and other members of the fencing community), who are waiting for me to come back
(P.S. Wayne would have laughed perversely upon knowing my new employer 😉 R.I.P.)
- nclud for not just brief employment but allowing me to stay around to get myself (not just work-wise) together. I am grateful to all of your and hope you guys do great things. And finally…
- To the design/UX/IA/tech community. Many of you I’ve met off and on during the years, at meet-ups, various conferences and online. But during this time, many of you not only offered not just job lead but advice and support. I’m really honored to be part of this community and hope to return the favor.
Thanks to all of you.