And Now This Message From The Author…
Sorry for the three month delay. Usually reasons: work, personal, and fencing. I would say that nothing has changed but that would be a bold-faced lie. As a matter of fact, more things will be changing in the next six months than the last year.
- Finally starting work on The Information Layer, with the first part ready Saturday, August 6th.
- Writing a few more blog entries for CDG, one this month
- One very important blog entry for TWP this month, currently writing now
Going to a number of events during the last couple of months of this year. Two of the most important are in the month of October:
- jQuery Conference in Boston (October 1-2. 2011)
- An Event Apart DC (October 24-26, 2001)
In short, been really too busy to go any art exhibitions in the last couple of months. However, there are a few that I am trying to get to before they close in September.
- Designing Tomorrow (National Building Museum, Washington, DC) – about the world’s fairs in 1930′s
- Talk to Me (MoMA, NYC, NY) – design exhibit about interaction between objects and people
- The Allure of the Automobile (Portland Art Museum) – automobile design during the last century
- The Colour of My Dreams: The Surrealist Revolution in Art (Vancouver Art Gallery) – various works from the Surrealists
As I mentioned before, many things will change. How much/what kind will be detailed more in the next TWP blog entry, called “A Love Letter.”
Indirectly, eventhough Project Charles ended in April, the Delta version of this site will be completed by the end of the year (if nothing else drops from the sky…).
Well, fencing will be…fencing. Practice three times per week, one competition per month. Still working out the schedule for 2011-2012 season.
Due to my work schedule, missed out on attending Met’s performance of Berg’s Wozzeck. However, looking at the 2011-2012 schedule, will be marking my calendar for the following operas:
- Satyagraha – Philip Glass opera about Ganhdi (November 2011)
- The Makropulos Case – Leoš Janáček opera, based on a story by Karel Čapek (May 2012)
Apart from the classical scene – Elbow comes to DC in September (Yeah!!!)
That is that I have for the next couple of months…
And yes, I will be taking a vacation. Back to the PNW (Portland, OR/Vancouver, Canada) for my birthday.
What’s that sound? That’s the sound of my Google Calendar crying like a baby…